Isn’t it funny how boring and cliche our daily healthcare activities seem? From waking up, to brushing our teeth, to having a bath, everything can be so mundane and routine. Where is the sense of adventure? The excitement?
For most people, what’s important is that they don’t fall sick often. However, personal health and hygiene goes beyond this. For the purpose of this post, we would consider hygiene by Wikipedia’s definition, as conditions and practices that helps to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.
In that light, we’ve put together 8 terrific health and hygiene tips you definitely want to consider. Check these out:
1. Keep and stay fit: You don’t need to be ripped. Just eat right and exercise regularly to keep your body in a state of good health and general well-being. Even with a tight schedule, you can still make out time to get in the best shape and stay that way. All you need is a simplified exercise routine, a progressive and sustainable set of nutrition habits, and you’re good to go.
2. Care for your teeth and mouth: Brushing your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste is not negotiable when trying to keep your breath fresh. Also, cleaning your teeth at least once a day with an interdental floss and going for dental checkups should make the list. The American Dental Association, advises that toothbrushes should be replaced every three to four months or more often if the bristles are visibly matted or frayed.
3. Use deodorants or anti-perspirants: Deodorants contain serious antibacterial power which helps to stop the stink before it starts, while antiperspirants deal with sweat directly. They often come in can sprays or roll-ons with long lasting fragrances to keep you smelling really fresh all day long. So whatever your choice, you are still gonna be cooler than cool.
4. Keep tidy hair: Afros are strolling back to trend all the way from the 60s, and the low cut is still a trend. Whichever way you wear your hair, it is important for it to look tidy. It is very important to use hair products that work well for your hair type and texture. According to Wikiihow.com,
- Use moisturizing or hydrating products that contain oils, butters and other nourishing ingredient for dry hair that’s prone to getting frizzy,
- Use clarifying products that contain ingredients like tea tree oil and chamomile for oily hair.
- For hair that breaks and frays easily or when you brush, use restorative products that contain proteins like collagen and keratin.
And for face hair care, you can check out our Trouble with the beard gang and learn some of our Cooler than cool shaving tips.
5. Good sleep: According to Sleepfoundation.org, the most important tip for sleep hygiene is to maintain a regular wake and sleep pattern very day. Even though most most people can function reasonably well on low amount of sleep for a short period of time, not getting enough sleep to keep us refreshed can affect our health.
6. Eat healthy: Nutrition is very essential to fitness. According to an article published in Harvard Health Letter, eating breakfast regularly has been linked to a lower risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Starting your day with a healthy meal can help replenish your blood sugar, which your body needs to power your muscles and brain. Eating healthy foods, like vegetables and fruits, will nourish you with the essential vitamins your body needs. Also, maintaining moderate serving portions as well as cultivating good eating habits can help you stay fit.
7. Have a shower regularly: Having a shower with warm water promotes blood flow to your skin, and helps to soothe tired, achy muscles. Having a cold shower will also help to lower your heart rate and increase circulation. So for a super refreshing shower, you can jump in a warm or cold tub with any of your Premier Cool shower gel or bar soaps.
8. Have close relationship family and friends: Something women seem to do better than men is maintain close relationships. Strengthening ties with your family and friends helps to create moments that helps you relieve stress and . After all, they are important parts of our lives.
We are sure a lot from our list will make it to your own routine. So tell us, what else do you do to maintain a good hygiene?